- Place all the diabetes supplies in the carry-on luggage. Keep medications and snacks at your seat for easy access. Don’t store them in overhead bins or checked luggage.
- If a meal is to be served during your flight, call ahead for a diabetic, low fat or low cholesterol meal. Wait until your food is about to be served before you take your insulin.
- If the airline does not offer a meal, carry a nutritious meal yourself.
- When drawing up your dose of insulin, do not inject air into the bottle as the ait in the flight will probably be pressurized.
- Reduce your risk of blood clots by moving around every hour or two.
Canadian Super Visa has brought a great opportunity for those who aspire to reunite with their parents or grandparents. The most important and mandatory requirement is to purchase health insurance from a Canadian insurance company. The requirements for super visa insurance include the following details:
- Be issued by a Canadian insurance company
- Be valid for the one year period you specify at the time of purchase
- Include the necessary health care, hospitalization and repatriation coverage
- Provide a minimum of $100,000 in coverage, although you can opt for more
Such medical insurance has to be purchased for minimum one year. The expenses for hospitalization for visitors to Canada can amount to over $3,000 per day, and air ambulance charges to return you home could very easily be in the tens of thousands of dollars. We recommend $100,000 of medical insurance coverage. This will ease your financial burden due to unforeseen charges and give you a peace of mind which everyone is looking for. Some insurance companies offer plans that cover pre-existing conditions as long as they have been stable for a certain period of time (3 to 6 months) before departure from your home country. Sometimes, pre-existing conditions will not be covered. It is important to read your entire policy to make sure you are aware of the definitions affecting coverage, as well as the possible exclusions that may apply.
Only some of the available plans will cover pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart conditions, etc. Private health insurance that meets the requirements of Canadian Immigration must cover healthcare, hospitalization and ouster (return of remains to home country in the case of death) costs. All-inclusive visitor’s medical insurance can be obtained at competitive rates at Daya Insurance.
Visitors to Canada or their Canadian friends or family can get a Super Visa travel insurance quote for diabetic patients, compare policies and purchase online by visiting our site http://economicalfinancial.com/. For further enquiries or free consultation call us at our toll free number 416 746 4142. Daya Insurance is at your services 24 hours for 365 days.